Men’s Ministry @ C4
In a world where men face all kinds of challenges and temptations that can lead to lives that are filled with brokenness, regret and guilt. Men@C4 believe and desire to be a community that addresses the critical issues that men face on a daily basis.
The main objective is to build men to be Christ like. Christ like in the way they serve others, Christ like in the way they lead and serve their families and Christ like in their personal conduct.
We want to disciple and equip, teach and mentor fellow men in our roles as men for God, whether married, single, older, younger. We seek to provide a community that will model the life of Christ to other men. We want to do this through teaching, fellowship, and service; providing opportunity for fostering spiritual friendships and developing discipling relationships, so that men can grow in conformity to Christ, specifically in their roles as men.
The rationale for this is simple. Men have been given the key role in the Body of Christ. All believing men of the church, from pastoral person to any believing man in the pew, have the responsibility to walk with Christ in obedience and grow in conformity to his image.
What do we do?
There are 2 main things as Men@ C4 we strive to do:
- We strive to be men that are Godly: Men that are led by Christ, as Christ is the head of the church. We know that in our strength we cannot do it, therefore we trust in the word of God which…”teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age …” (Titus 2:12).
- We strive to show servant leadership, because we take on the example of Christ, who came to die and give up his life for many. For the word of God teaches us that: “….Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10: 43-45). This extends to the way we love our families and spouse, and also to everyone around us.
How do we do this?
- We meet for C4 Men’s breakfast (once a month)
- We meet for a Men’s Gospel Life group every 2 weeks where we focus on learning godly habits and how to deal with those areas of sin that men commonly struggle with
- We have a weekly newsletter which we use to encourage each other to be accountable and be Godly.
- Outdoor activities that build up men, to being Godly Servant Leaders and hang out as guys.